7.25.2011

learned.

praises! i'm walking.
things i learned while on crutches:

1. we're capable of so much more.
2. helping those in need gives us purpose and peace.
3. sitting is overrated.
4. "can't" finds new life with a "how can i?"
5. with plenty of time to surf the net, i've found the 'missed connections' section of craigslist:

Dear Ex-bf - w4m - 29 (brooklyn)
I saw you places a couple of times lately and then last night I dreamt we were friends. It was lovely but still very hard.

and

You Were Crying On Madison Ave - m4w - 29 (Flatiron)
You were in a colorful dress on the corner waiting to cross, and crying pretty intensely. I asked if you were alright and needed anything, and I couldn't make out what you said had happened. I would have offered you my umbrella from the rain, if I had one to offer. I hope you're alright and whatever happened passes. Bad things happen to all of us, it's what we take away from it and do afterwards that matters. Good luck to you.

1 comment: